Triggering Conflict Palette Macros with the Numeric Keypad

Just finished the MacSparky Field Guide to Keyboard Maestro, and really enjoyed it. I've been using KM for quite a while now, but I still learned a lot.

One think that the guide helped me understand is the conflict palette.

Since I mouse with my left hand, I've got quite a few macros triggered with the numeric keypad on my Mac. That keeps both of my hands busy. I've gotten used to this arrangement, but it's not perfect. I often have to use the numeric keys on the keypad as well, so I also have to use a macro to turn off the macros on the numeric keyboard as well. But I've got the muscle memory for which number is which macro, so I'd like to keep that.

I thought that I might be able to transition away from my use of the numeric keyboard as an "always on" set of triggers. So I set up all of those macros with the same trigger, so that they'd end up on the conflict palette, then I named each one starting with a number so that I could trigger each one with that same number on the keypad. That way, I'd retain my muscle memory of which number triggers which macro, etc.

However, it seems that once the conflict palette comes up, the only numbers that will trigger the macro are the numbers directly above the letters. In other words, the numbers on the numeric keypad won't work to pick the macro from the conflict palette.

Is there anything that I can do about this? Is this a limitation of KM? Or perhaps it should be a feature request?

Or perhaps there's a clever workaround that I haven't thought of.

Thanks in advance for any suggestions.

Hmm, the number pad keys should work, but I just checked and they are actually off-by-one (that is, the number pad 2 triggers the same as the regular 3).

I have fixed this for the next version.

1 Like