Troubleshooting: help with Engine log message please

I have a fairly complex sequence of macros that I am trying to troubleshoot and I wonder if anyone might be able to shed some light on this message which is appearing the Engine log please?:

Assertion Failed: gCurrentExecuteActionListEntry,  file: /Users/peter/Keyboard Maestro/Project/Source/Actions/HExecuteActionListManager.mm:1215, value: 0

I have a bunch of those errors throughout my log. It's probably not your issue, however @peternlewis can give us the final word.

However, to be sure, you could add this to the beginning of each macro involved in your sequence:

This will put messages in the log file, which could help you track down where the error is. You might have to add more log messages inside a macro or two to narrow it down to the exact action, but it's a start.

Hope that helps.

Hi @DanThomas,

I’ve done as you suggested—thanks for that.

In the meantime I did some housekeeping (using MacPaw’s CleanMyMac) and it seems that may have cleared whatever kind of electronic grit was in there…

1 Like

For what it’s worth, my suspicion is that the problem was occurring in an Execute JavaScript in Browser command which is intended to copy a Safari page:

document.body.parentNode.outerText

Well, that would explain why I’m seeing the errors also. I’m working on a Custom HTML Prompt with a bunch of JS in it, and I may have had one or two errors along the way. :smirk:

1 Like

It is a bug, but nothing too serious, it only affects the Set Action Delay abilities. I’ll sort it out, but it should be largely harmless.

1 Like

Fixed for the next version.

2 Likes