Troubleshooting inconsistent macro behavior at laptop launch?

Hi Friends,
I set up an elaborate macro that is supposed to start up at launch. Sometimes it fires, sometimes, it doesn’t. Is there a way to troubleshoot, preferably without having to shut down and relaunch my laptop?
Thanks!
–P

Please post your macro with at least the first few actions so we can better understand your request.

I have a macro that is triggered by login or wake, and it has always worked fine.

Thanks! A question, and then a little background.
I feel completely stumped about how to get the screenshot - since the macro is long, I think I got most of it. But is there a way to get the cross-hairs to keep expanding to material below the edge of the window after typing shift-command-4?

Ok now, for what I'm trying to do. I use text-to-speech a lot on my mac, but the system pre-sets are really slow. Someone taught me how to toggle on faster speech rate which works by typing [[rate 525]] at the beginning of any text-based document, highlighting this phrase and then using my shortcut key for speech to read the highlight out loud. (the number could be anything you choose - I like things pretty speeded up, hence 525). The number reverts back to the original slow system speed whenever I restart my computer so I thought KM would be an ideal solution for having things start up with the quicker speech enabled. I picked NV-Alt as a simple text-based program that I have start-up at launch anyway.

thanks!

Hey Pommette,

Use Keyboard Maestro's built-in share button:

How to Post/Upload Your Macro to the Forum

There is no way to make the built-in macOS screen shot functions capture a scrolling window — you have to have a commercial utility like SnagIt.

Why don't you change the default in the System Prefs?

How To change Text to Speech Mac Sierra

-Chris

@Pommette, while the macOS won't do this for you, KM will.
Click on the Macro name in the "Macros" panel, then Goto menu Edit > Copy as > Copy as Image. It will copy the entire macro image, even if itis not visible.

Note that this copies ONLY the image, and NOT the Macro file, like the Share button that Chris mentioned.

You can also use this macro to automate upload of both image and file:
Macro: [KM] UPLOAD Macro to New or Existing Topic

Hey, so I don’t know if this is really off topic, but there are a few ways of accomplishing what you want without having to change the thing each time. First, you can change the default rate of speech with a terminal command:

defaults read com.apple.speech.voice.prefs VoiceRateDataArray

plutil -convert json ~/Library/Preferences/com.apple.speech.voice.prefs.plist -o - | python -c 'import json, sys;d=json.load(sys.stdin);[x.__setitem__(-1, 500) for x in d["VoiceRateDataArray"]];json.dump(d, sys.stdout)' | plutil -convert binary1 -o ~/Library/Preferences/com.apple.speech.voice.prefs.plist -

After this, either restart your computer or quit your speech synthesis server through activity monitor (this automatically restarts itself). This can be pushed up to 720 wpm (just change the “500”).

I have a macro that does this all by itself - remind me at some point and I’ll post it.

Also, get speechify. It can be a bit glitchy at times, but it does a lot of what you want and more - it is the only app I’ve seen that lets you go to the max rate of 720 wpm. Capti has one of the best engines, but it only lets you go to 500 wpm.

Edit: it’s weird because your solution lets you go above 720, but apple refuses to let me go above it with the terminal command.

Thanks Jackson (and everyone who has responded on this) - I’ll definitely give this a try! (Sorry not to have responded sooner — it’s one of those times!)