Trying to create endless loop macro (Repeat or For Each action?) to switch between custom categories in Gmail

This really surprises me as I have generally found Chrome to be the better browser.
Would you mind giving us a couple of examples where you find you can ID the links in Safari but not Chrome? Please give us the page URL and the target link.

Thanks.

@gglick, I must be missing something.
How does CMD-Click trigger your macro?

Ah, I see. I've long used Safari as my default, so I didn't know that behaves differently with Chrome as the default.

Well that's odd. So you don't see a menu like this when you right click on a link in Mail?

23%20AM

The Cmd-Click trigger isn't in the macro itself (though of course, I believe you could make one with a third-party peripheral and the USB Device Key trigger) but in BetterTouchTool, as I wrote here:

1 Like

I am being forced to use Safari more for certain professional web sites.

• is it OK to allow Javascript from Apple Events ? from Smart Search Field ?

• in Chrome, your XPath method words perfectly, but I see no equivalent in safari: no inspect in the context menu. If I show the web inspector or javascript console, page source or page resource, I can't see (as opposed to chrome) a highlighted section which I can right click on to find the XPath

thank you

No, it's not there, neither is it in the Share or Services Menu. I tried in vain to google the problem

below is a ScreenCapture from a link in an email (not a browser)

OK, no problem. My only concern was that you reported that Chrome could not see links that Safari could.

IMO, yes it is very safe as long as you only accept use of JavaScript in Browser from trusted sources. And actually, I have not seen any reported cases of abuse by JIB use.
I suppose you could further investigate by searching "Safari JavaScript issues", or similar.

This could be because you have not set the Preference to Show Developer menu:

I am seeing the Safari "Inspect" menu in
Safari 12.1.2 (14607.3.9) on macOS 10.14.6 (Mojave)

Huh, definitely strange. Maybe it has something to do with your version of macOS? I'm on the latest official release, Catalina 10.15.2 myself. If it isn't that, the only other thing I can think of is that it might be a launch services database issue. Out of curiosity, what does your Open With context menu look like in the Finder?

I can confirm that this is the case. The Inspect Element option only shows in the Safari context menu if you have the Show Developer menu preference turned on.

yes, Finder has open with.

I am using Mojave

Safari: I have it figured out, thank you.