Turn Point to Comma for German Number Settings?

Hi, want to calculate a number in Pages, and do it like so:

Copy

and then insert text by pasting

%Calculate%0.95*CALCULATE(%SystemClipboard%)%

It works fine but, when pasting it uses a point instead of the comma. I've been reading all I could find here in forum, but I did not make it.

What should I add to my calculate token (I also found here in forum), and how should complete token look like? I do not want a 1.000 point, only 1000. So a number should look like this: 1299, 99.

Any ideas? Thanks!

See this page here in the KM Manual.

https://wiki.keyboardmaestro.com/token/CalculateFormat

Yes, I checked that, but somehow I am not smart enough to get that to work. How should my complete token look alike? And thanks for help! - btw, I also want two decimals after the comma to be displayed, also if this is only zeros.

Hey @Kobold,

It's best for everyone if you can post the simplest possible test-case macro that demonstrates your issue.

Making it easy for people to download, import, and test your work greatly improves the likelihood that you'll get timely and useful assistance.

Finicky little details hide in the nooks and crannies of macros and are sometimes key to solving various issues.

Take Care,
Chris

(Keyboard Maestro Moderator)

Here is the exported macro:

Preis minus 5% erster Test.kmmacros (2.6 KB)

When using this macro I will get a number with a decimal point instead of a comma what I need in pages. (or numbers app) I also need two rounded numbers behind the comma, also zeros, if number is 45,00.

Please show the precise initial condition of the copied number.

And then your expected outcome.

135 is an example for a number, the result I get is 128.25. I need 128,25.

The devil is in the details...

Here's how I'd go about this:

Download: Calculate a European-Style Number – Returning the Same Format v1.00.kmmacros (6.8 KB)

Macro-Image

Keyboard Maestro Export

Macro-Notes
  • Macros are always disabled when imported into the Keyboard Maestro Editor.
    • The user must ensure the macro is enabled.
    • The user must also ensure the macro's parent macro-group is enabled.

System Information
  • macOS 10.14.6
  • Keyboard Maestro v10.2

Note the “Format Result” item in the gear-menu of the set variable to calculate action.

1 Like

:slight_smile: Thanks very much, exactly what I wanted. I am working with KM since many many years, but I am not deep in that macros world. I can`t imagine my work without KM, but I guess I only use about 10-20% of possible options.

Last question, ...... only for comfort, if my number looks like this:

135,00 € ....... would there be an easy option to remove the € so the macro could work? If no easy option I can also just activate number only without the €.

Just add another search-replace action and use regular expressions instead of plain text.

Pattern:

\h*€\h*

Replace with nothing.

This will remove any Euro symbol and also removes any existing horizontal whitespace preceding and/or following the symbol.

Ok, thanks, will try that!

Super help, I would not get that to work. I had another macro imported, pretty close to your version, but I did not find the "format result" button in my "set variable" action.

Now that all makes sense to me ... at least a little bit!

Yes, got that to work, here is my complete version of this macron now:

Preis minus 5% ignoring € sign.kmmacros (4.8 KB)

Macro-Image

1 Like