Turning on Projectors with AppleScript Delay?

I have two projectors that I turn on using AppleScript. The question I have is that when using this Macro, one projector turns on super quick but then there is like a 30 second delay before the second projector turns on. The delay happens the exact same when I turn the projectors off as well.

Is the delay with Keyboard Maestro or AppleScript?

Thank you!

Left-Right Pano On Applescript.kmmacros (5.1 KB)

As those are just shell scripts, you could test the AppleScript part of it by creating a new macro that removes AppleScript from the loop. I don't want to guess wrong at the final form of that shell script line after all the quoting, but the basic structure would look like this:

That would run the command twice, once for each projector, assuming the shell script part can be figured out without the extra variable quoting that won't be needed.

-rob.

As Rob notes, they are just shell scripts, so you would be better off using the Execute a Shell Script action.

In either case, if you configure the action to run asynchronously, then both would run at the same time - presuming that does not cause any problems that might resolve your issues.

1 Like

UPDATE:
I just figured out how to execute the script asynchronously! It now works pretty much instantaneously!
Thank you both for your help!!

Thank you for the suggestions @griffman and @peternlewis! I did try your macro suggestion @griffman and haven't been able to make it work. When I put exactly what you put as a new Macro, two pop-ups came up but nothing happened with the projectors.

As to running everything just as a shell script, I did try that. Same problem with waiting ~30 seconds or so between scripts. @peternlewis How do I configure the action to run asynchronously?

1 Like

Can you show us the shell command that's running, as it looks if you were to type it directly into Terminal?

-rob.