How Do I Find an Image Within an Image

Hello,

So Ive seen how you can set a image to a clipboard in KM Preferences and then use that to Set named Clipboard to "LightStrip" to Image but how do I compare an image to an image when a lot of the functionality I've seen only wants to compare with whats on the screen.

So there is three little icons each screenshot with an image strip also screenshot that I want to check for one at a time.

The image Strip is the main image asking myself "are those little icons inside that image"?

Ben

Hey Ben,

As far as I know this cannot be done by Keyboard Maestro.

All image compare functions have to do with finding something on the screen.

-Chris

Can we please add this feature?
It might seem an odd feature but there are alot times where there is a row containing data and you need to check if the tickbox in a column is ticked as an example.
Sometimes you just can't get to that tickbox via simulating keypresses.

Ben

Unlikely. There are too many potential variables between the object image and the comparison image – or so I think.

@peternlewis?

I suggest you make a movie that shows your use-case and post it on YouTube. Be sure to add an explanatory voice track – people tend to ignore videos that assume you can follow what they're doing.

You have to make your case, and enough other people have to want that feature – otherwise it's not worth Peter's valuable development time.

-Chris

Finding an image within an image requires the images have the same nominal resolution, which is very hard to do in general. So while yes, it might work on a screenshot, if Keyboard Maestro could figure out what the nominal resolution was, it is going to be problematic in many case.

Its not impossible I'll implement this at some point, but I don't have any current plans to do so.