Unable To Remove Variables From KM Preferences Pane

I've decided to no longer save so many KM variables. I've been using JMichaelTX's macro "[KM] DELETE All Variables Except Those on Keep List".

Keyboard Maestro 8.0.4 “Keyboard Maestro Delete Variables Except Those On Keep List” Macro

Keyboard Maestro Delete Variables Except Those On Keep List.kmmacros (11 KB)

However, there are variables in my preferences pane that cannot be "deleted" or removed and I don't understand why not. All other variables can be removed using the "Delete Variable" button (⦸) at the bottom of the pane to remove variables except these shown.

Elapsed_Brunswick_Hours
Elapsed_Ellisville_Hours
Elapsed_Ranger_Hours
Elapsed_Wakanda_Hours
Elapsed_WiFi_Changed_Hours

Any ideas why that is?

I also have an undeletable variable (“Variable”), as mentioned here. First I thought it was a kind of default variable, but recently I noticed that it isn’t there on another Mac.

@peternlewis said “They should be gone from 8.0.2” but I am not sure if he referred to the duplicate instance of the variable or to the fact that it was undeletable.

With the current KM version the duplicate has gone but the “Variable” variable is still undeletable.

The Variables preference pane will show any variables that have a value, and any variables that are used in any macro.

Unless you explicitly set them to %Delete%.

Peter,

These variables are not deleted using the test macro shown below nor are they deleted using the "Delete Variable" button of the Preferences Pane.

Keyboard Maestro 8.0.4 “Delete Variables Test Macro” Macro

Delete Variables Test Macro.kmmacros (2.6 KB)

Is there some other suggestion you have that I might try?

Email support@stairways.com your Keyboard Maestro Variables.sqlite file (Help ➤ Open Preferences Folder) and I’ll take a look.

Peter,

I must apologize for not reporting that I solved my issue earlier! After deleting and reinstalling the KM app, and still having the problem, I used Chris Stone’s script (Trash Keyboard Maestro Preferences & Application Support Folder) to delete the preferences folder files without resolution. Finally, I discovered that the variables were simply both correctly and also misspelled with a trailing space in my macro that sets my wifi.

Thank you for getting back to me and again I apologize for not reporting the resolution sooner.