Unable to Tab to Checkbox or Comboboxes in a KM User Prompt

Hello

Some time my checkbox is at the start or bottom of a form and id like to be able to tab to a combobox pressing down arrow from there and hitting enter to confirm my selection as well tabbing to a checkbox and pressing spacebar from there to select or deselect

Thanks

Ben

Since I'm not sure what what page you are accessing, (it sounds like a web page, rather than an app) or which web browser you are using, or whether you are saying that the web page currently allows this but you're just trying to automate it with KM, it isn't easy to give you a solution.

If the web page already allows these keystrokes, it should be pretty easy to solve this. If the web page doesn't already allow this, there's an option in System Preferences / Accessibility which I've used recently and seems to support this type of tabbing and key clicking. I could speculate more, but I wish you could help us by telling us which page you are using, and which browser.

I'm referring to the standard Input Macro that you can add checkboxes and comboboxes onto.

Try tabbing with keyboard only from an editbox to a checkbox or combobox. You can't do it.

I can easily "tab with my keyboard from from edit box to combobox" using the regular KM input action. The spacebar will select or deselect the box, too. Maybe if you provide a screenshot I can understand what your problem is.

I could provide a screenshot showing you what I'm doing, but that wouldn't help me to understand what you are doing, which is the goal here.

I'm talking about when the macro is in run mode. Tab is inaccessible. I cannot tab from one to another. Handling input requires mouse and keyboard which is inefficient.

Like I said, I can tab between (and change with the space key) checkboxes no problem. So clearly I can't continue to help, even though I'm trying and I want to help.

See this:

Flipping a Switch in AppleScript (or Directly in Keyboard Maestro)? - #4 by Sleepy