USB Device condition

Hi all,

I'm would like to use a USB Device condition. At home I use my MacBook closed with external monitors and at work I use my MacBook open. I'm using mouse clicks in some of my workflows so I want to have a condition that if I'm connected to my usb dock at home, the mouseclicks are somewhere else on the screen. A network condition is not an option for me, because sometimes I also use my MacBook downstairs without external monitors. So I thought the USB condition would be a good option.

I have put a usb stick in my dock but when I'm trying to use the condition, KM keeps saying that the condition is "currently fase". Can someone tell me what I'm doing wrong.

Thank you in advance.

Kind regards,

Laak

Ok, got one step further. I have it working with the USB stick and the mounted volume condition. But now I would like to use the USB mouse dongle. Can anyone help? Thanks!

OK got it, you can check the usb names at:

1. Click the Apple icon.
  2. Click About This Mac.
  3. Click More Info or System Report.
  4. Under the appropriate heading, confirm that your USB device is listed.

Then use that exact name and it will be working.

I will leave this post open for people who have the same question.

2 Likes

Another option would be to use the SCREENCOUNT() function if you have only one monitor at home and multiple monitors at work.

Or, assuming your screen resolution is different on your monitors at work than on your MacBook (which I imagine they are), you could use the %ScreenVisible%Front% token to determine which monitors you're on and adjust the mouse clicks accordingly.

2 Likes