Use 2 midi rotary knobs to move mouse X Y on screen

Is this possible? If yes, can someone point me in the right direction?

Yes. This is an example from the Keyboard Maestro What’s New Video.

Basically it has one macro that displays an HTML window to show the results of the MIDI knobs, and two macros that handle being triggered when the knobs change. You probably wont need the first one if you just want to move the mouse, and you'll need to adjust the other two to match your knobs MIDI values, and to move the mouse.

Examples Macros.kmmacros (7.7 KB)

Thank you for the comment. Great that it would be possible. I'm familiar with midi in general and can make KM do what i want on a basic level but other then assigning midi controls to these 2 macro's, i have no idea or basic KM knowledge to even know where to start.

I would like a global mouse movement over the screen preferable that when i turn both knobs the same time they will move diagonal on screen. Basicly mousekeys but with midi.

Any more tips would be helpful. Thanks!

Hi,

Sorry to resurrect an old thread, but I'm trying to do this and I'm on the same page as tpj. I've got the example macros in KM Editor, but don't know what to do next.

I've changed the triggers, so MIDI1 is triggered by a Continuous Control message from the X axis of an XY pad on my phone via TouchOSC Bridge. MIDI2 is controlled by the Y axis from the same XY pad.

How do I then control the respective X and Y mouse position with these macros? If the XY pad is square and my screen is in different aspect ratios, is it possible to scale the XY movements within the macros?

I'd also like to assign another macro that will left click and hold whilst a MIDI toggle switch is On, then release the left click when the toggle is Off. (Actually, I think I worked that one out, so provide those macros below... I just can't fully test until I have a working "MIDI mouse")

Thanks
Rob

Example - MIDI CC controls left mouse button Macros.kmmacros (5.3 KB)

Hmmm... nope. Even the mouse button macros aren't working right. I can't seem to reliably release the click and hold :frowning:

Switching between Remote Mouse and TouchOSC apps on my phone is annoying. I can't do a reliable click-hold > drag, release action with Remote Mouse (and the app lacks one-button shortcuts for automation)... so I'd really like to use my MIDI skills and do something that works better for me (and be easy for others to download and make use of) by utilising one of the packaged templates in TouchOSC app. I need help, please