Use Siri Shortcut from iPhone to unlock your Mac or use other macros as well

Hello KM User,

I have created a Siri shortcut on the iPhone that I can use to run KM macros on my Macs.

In my example I use such a Siri shortcut to login on my Mac with my user password.

Login.kmmacros (39,0 KB)

You can find instructions how to set up the Siri shortcut in this video here... Please excuse the English. It's not my strength, I created voice executions with ScreenFlow.

CloudApp

Note:
In the video I refer to the IP address. You can also use the device name. I have had better experiences with this in other networks.

Please note that the shortcut only works in your network and with a Wifi or Ethernet connection.

Since unlocking the MacBook Pro with the Apple Watch is only possible with an existing Wifi connection, the Siri Shortcut is a good alternative :wink:

CloudApp

In this example you can see, that you can lock and unlock several devices very fast...

CloudApp

Should anyone see possibilities to improve the whole thing, I would be very happy about suggestions.

... and don't forget, you can run all KM macros on macOS this way. Of course, only until they get a workflow comparable to iOS on macOS at Apple :wink:

5 Likes

You can find instructions on how to set up the Siri shortcut in this thread.

Thank you for the Info @Dukie, but how does it relate to the above post?

Thanks so much for this, I actually didn't need the Siri part, but this was a great way for me to figure out how to wake/unlock my screen to execute a macro while I'm away from the computer by using the Keychain steps you provided that at least feel a little more secure than just putting my account login password in plain text right in the macro itself

You video disappeared so I can't tell if you figured out a way to get macros to trigger reliably using remote triggers. The connection drops off after 30min for me.

Love to know if you figured it out.

1 Like

Hi @noisneil, sorry if I'm just getting back to you now.

I don't use the KM Remote Trigger like that. I use a Siri Shortcut like this:

Here's how I can unlock my Mac:

or unlock it to then start or stop my web radio:

1 Like

Love that! Thanks for taking the time to do those videos. I'm already using Siri for a few shortcuts, but I didn't realise you could unlock your mac like that. :+1:t3:

1 Like