Using Clipboards Help

There's something I'd like to do, and I think a named clipboard is the answer, but I'm struggling to implement it.

I manage a team of people. Most don't need daily monitoring, but some do. I have a system to monitor their stats, etc. What I'd like to do is...

1. Easily add names (first and last) to a named clipboard (I have one called "Daily Checkup") with a macro.

2. Easily edit that clipboard to remove names. I can just highlight and delete the name from the clipboard.

3. When prompted, go through each line (first and last name) on the clipboard as a variable that I can load into my stats program. I know how to load variables, I just don't know how to load one name at a time.

In the end, I'd like to my workflow to look like this:

When I need to monitor my list, I just run a macro that loads a name into my program, pauses, then loads the next name, pauses, etc, until every name on that list has been loaded.

What do you think?

I don't understand why you want to do complicated reading writing editing stuff in a clipboard instead of a plain text file.

You may need to draw a control-flow diagram then accomplish it in KM.

For example:

Start Monitor-Copy-Mode :arrow_right: When Clipboard changes :arrow_right: append to file
Start Monitor-Paste-Mode :arrow_right: Read from file(line $1):arrow_right: Copy to Clipboard :arrow_right: When Command+V is pressed :arrow_right: Read from file(line $2) :arrow_right: Copy to Clipboard……

Thank you! This is exactly why I asked...your way is much simpler.

Ok, so I now have a text file saved to my desktop. Easy. And "read file to named clipboard" is an easy action to figure out.

But I'm having trouble with reading line by line. Please forgive my ignorance, but I don't know how or where to implement "Line $1" and so on. Can you help explain?

Set a variable(for example: Read_Line) to 1, read line $Read_Line, variable+1……

https://wiki.keyboardmaestro.com/action/If_Then_Else