Variable not resolved in export ("Save as") window... display text works

I initialize a variable, ProjectName, in the beginning of a macro. I'm in a situation, where I'm going to export the project to a new file. Standard stuff in Logic.

The issue is that while I can see the variable in the debugger it doesn't resolve in a type text action. I first thought it was related to variable scope, but it seems not to be the case. I tried to load the variable into a local variable, and that works.

Next attempt was to display a text at the same level (group) as the Insert text by typing action. Text is displayed as expected, but the variable is not resolved when typed in the dialog. I added some Wait statements... because, well, voodoo. Please refer to images of Export dialog, debugger state and actions.

I have done this successfully already in a different macro (I'm a KB beginner), but here, in this dialog, it just doesn't seem to resolve.

KB: 10.2

It may be that one of the options in the action's gear menu is not set correctly.

2022-12-01_11-35-43

Check that the action has Process Text Normally set as shown.

2 Likes

Thanks for that, not sure how it had gotten that state, but now it works as expected! :+1:t2:

1 Like