Variable Value Not Being Set

Am sure I have made a rookie mistake but I can't seem to get a variable set. Screenshot below shows the problem. I attempt to set a variable to a string consisting of a calculated date in YYMM format followed by simple string of text. I then intend to place that variable on the clipboard and invoke an automator workflow. Everything works except for the creation of the variable and placement on the clipboard. Screenshot below shows action to se the variable I then immediately display it and it appears empty. What am idling wrong?

You were right; it's a simple rookie mistake. Easy to avoid once you know about it, but also easy to fall into if you don't :slight_smile:
You seem to have inadvertently disabled the "Set Variable" action, so it is currently not producing a variable (and thus showing up as blank in the "User Input" action). Try clicking on the "Set Variable" action and then the checkmark button at the bottom of the editor window, or clicking the gear icon in the top right of the action and selecting "Enable", then run the macro again and see if that doesn't solve your issue.

1 Like

Well, that was more than a little bit embarrassing… :frowning: Thanks for your prompt and thorough reply. Obviously still learning the basics of KM.

Tim

1 Like

No, embarrassing would be if you had banged your head against the issue and given up and missed out on all that Keyboard Maestro can do for you.

This is just a useful learning experience. And a reminder to me that I need to improve the look of disabled actions.

1 Like