What other software and tools work well with KM?

This is a wiki-style post that others can edit. We can create a list of applications that work well with KM and an index of macros categorized by application. Also, see the list of KM forum tags for applications added by the moderator below.

###Software that works well with KM:

1. Evernote: https://evernote.com/
  2. Alfred: https://www.alfredforum.com/topic/3447-alfred-maestro-keyboard-maestro-integration-for-alfred/
  3. BitBar: Create menu bar status icons using BitBar
  4. LaunchBar: Select KM in LaunchBar and press the Space key to display all available macros. Then forward-type as usual to execute a macro.
  5. BetterTouchTool – BTT – trigger Keyboard Maestro macros with gestures and more. Integrates Keyboard Maestro triggers and the Touch Bar (with custom icons).
  6. KeyCue: display all active Keyboard Maestro macros that have hot keys assigned, organized by group. (This feature needs to be activated in KeyCue settings before you can use it.)

[Moderatior: Per you request, I have turned this into a Forum Wiki Post, and added the below links].

We already have Forum Tags for many apps (see below), there is also this existing topic:
Using and Comparing Automation Tools: Keyboard Maestro, Alfred, LaunchBar, etc

KM Forum Tags for Applications

applescript
atom
bbedit
cafetran
calendar
chrome
dash
evernote
facetime
finder
firefox
gmail
hazel
illustrator
javascript
jxa
karabiner
launchbar
mail_apple
mailmate
making_guis
ms_excel
ms_word
numbers_apple
nvalt
omnifocus
outlook
pages
photos
quiver
ruby
safari
sierra
sublime_text
swift
taskpaper
terminal
textedit
textexpander
timemachine

LaunchBar added to the Wiki post above.

BTT added to wiki

Karabiner is a must

Without Karabiner, Alfred and KM, I wouldn’t be able to sustain my mind maps :slight_smile:

I tried Launchbar before, but it didn’t seem as easily customizable as Alfred. What are your thoughts?

11 posts were split to a new topic: Using and Comparing LaunchBar (LB) with Alfred and other Apps

For my part, I use Alfred and LaunchBar. Each has their strong points, and (at least from what I’ve seen) there’s no performance hit by running them concurrently, so why limit yourself to one when you can have both?

1 Like

I think this is exactly what I'm going to start doing.

1 Like

###Poll: Do You Want the LaunchBar Posts Moved to a New Topic?
It has been suggested that the number of posts in this topic that are specifically about LaunchBar are a good discussion, but would be better to move them to a new topic.

Do you want to move the LaunchBar Posts?
(don’t reply to this, just click on your answer)

• No
  • Yes
  • It doesn’t matter to me

0 voters

1 Like

Hey guys, based on the above poll (No "No's"), I have moved all of the discussion about LaunchBar to:

###Using and Comparing LaunchBar (LB) with Alfred and other Apps

This did include a couple of posts that also discussed Alfred.
If I moved a post that you think I should not have, please reply to that post in the new Topic, and I'll review.

Poll Results at Time of Move

3 Likes