Why Do Disabled Macros Show in Conflict Palette?

I’ve built a conflict palette by making a folder of macros that don’t have hotkeys assigned, and then I use the Show Palette of Macros action to call up the conflict palette.

I’ve temporarily retired some macros in the folder, but they still show when the conflict palette displays. Why would you want disabled macros show in a conflict palette?

I’ve worked around this by renaming the disabled macros to start with a "z" so they’re not mixed in with the enabled ones, but it would be better if they were just ignored.

Is there a better way to do this?

Thanks,
Russell

"Show Palette of Macros" gives a different palette to the "Conflict Palette", which is a special "builtin" to allow you to pick one when multiple active macros have the same hot key trigger.

"Show Palette..." lets you choose between showing "Active macros", "Enabled...", and "All". What's yours set to?

1 Like

That was it. Mine was set to All. I changed it to Enabled, and got what I wanted.

I thought I was missing something, because Keyboard Maestro is just too good to have overlooked something like that!

Thanks,
Russell

1 Like