Wish List: optional search box in palettes or an app (palette) specific macro trigger similar to the global macro trigger

Palettes can sometimes become very big. It would be nice to have an optional search box in the palette with the cursor placed in the search box.
thank you

1 Like

I sometimes use the "Prompt with list" action inside of a macro that sits on the palette. I can then run different flows from that list. It works nicely for choosing small variations on a macro that is otherwise pretty identical. It could also be used for leading to execution of totally different macros but I think at that point a menu system of nested palettes would work better.

However, I also use Alfred to launch keyboard maestro macros and this provides a search functionality although it is not specific to individual palettes. I think KM has a built in launcher for macros but I can't find it easily right now...

1 Like

Palettes deliberately do not have keyboard focus, so this is unlikely to happen.

1 Like

thank you very much for your reply.

The built in KBM Macro Launcher is called Trigger Macro by Name, and the default shortcut is ⌃⌥ ⌘ T

I would like to better understand how you use prompt with List. The KBM Wiki is a bit short for my understanding.
There is only one example as per below.

Would you be so kind as to show me a screenshot of a macro using the Prompt from List action, which
`runs different flows from that list. It works nicely for choosing small variations on a macro that is otherwise pretty identical.
which is a common problem in my experience.

thanks again

Can you provide us with a list of the "flows" you would like to run?
Does each "flow" mean a separate Macro to you, or just a few Actions?

I can share this: From the Prompt with List, which contains a list of your "flows", you could use a Switch or Case action, with each Case corresponding to a "flow". In the Action block for each Case, you could either enter a few specific Actions, OR, enter a Execute Macro.

Make sense?

1 Like

I need a bit of time to think about it and write a reply.
Thank you for your comment

OK, thank you Peter