ZOOM Admitting Meeting Attendees

Hey everyone.

I am new to KM and I am looking for a way to make a button that admits people in the waiting list in zoom into a meeting without having to use the mouse. Is this possible?

Sorry if this is already been discussed I did a search but couldn’t find anything.

Many thanks

Matt

Hey Matt,

I've got a macro running that uses a key ("right arrow" in my case) that admits to Zoom meetings just with a press of it. It works when one or more need to be admitted at once. It might not be the most elegant way to do it, but it works for me. I used different "found image" instances for dark and light mode. You might need to change the images with ones from your own screenshots.

Admit Attendee to Zoom Meeting.kmmacros (151.6 KB)

I have created also two other macros that enable the attendee macro when Zoom starts and the other disables it when Zoom quits. That frees up the right arrow key again for normal use in other programs when Zoom is closed.

Zoom Enable Admit Attendee Macro.kmmacros (1.7 KB)
Zoom Disable Admit Attendee Macro.kmmacros (1.7 KB)

If someone knows and likes to show a more elegant way – I'm open to learn! I'm new to this. :slightly_smiling_face:

Tom

I have a macro that uses some AppleScript to admit participants that has been working well for me since September. I'm trying to upload it but am having connection issues with the KM forum right now. Once I'm able to upload it I will.

EDIT: I was able to upload the macro and screenshot.

Let me preface this however with saying Zoom has absolute garbage accessibility features and is nearly impossible to control using AppleScript. So I can't guarantee that the macro will work for you but give it a shot and see. Since it's GUI scripting it's highly dependent on how you have your zoom window setup (like you have to have the participants panel visible).

The first part of the If action is to search for a found image (you will need to supply your own and it's best to reference it via a file path instead of embedding it in the image well), to click the admit all button if there are more than one persons waiting to enter. This is because I have not found a way to do that with AppleScript reliably. If that image is not present, it will use AppleScript to click the admit button next to the persons name. The AppleScript works even if zoom is not at the front.

Alternatively you could just remove the found image part altogether since the AppleScript portion is designed to go down the list of participants and admit them all one at a time if necessary.

Let me know if it works for you or if you have any questions.

03)[AS-ZM] Admit Participants (for export).kmmacros (59 KB)

Macro screenshot (click to expand/collapse)

Thank you very much.

That looks cool, but I can't get it running. Maybe because I have no idea what images and settings you use.

Could you please explain a bit more? It's a bit too advanced for me! :sweat_smile:

No problem at all. No doubt the found image portions need to be updated for your specific computer. That's because your screen resolution/color profiles etc. are likely different than mine and Keyboard Maestro won't find images on your computer that were captured on my computer. KM is AMAZING, but I don't think anybody is that good haha.

Let me ask too if you know which part of the macro is failing? Is it the found image? Or is it the AppleScript?

A way to find out is to turn on Debugging to see where the macro fails.

Thanks for your understanding. :slightly_smiling_face:

I wonder which image from what window you used in the first place, because there are some choices.

And why is it better to save a path instead of the image itself in the "found image" part?

How is your macro triggered? Is it automatically triggered or do you need to trigger it manually?

I use Zoom in fullscreen ( ⇧⌘F) and the participants hover in front of it or on the other screen.

I use the following button as the image
Zoom Admit All Participants (dark mode)

When you place an image directly in the action, it's copied to the KM master plist file which can cause it to become quite large when you have a lot of actions that use found images. Since the KM Editor uses this file when you're editing macros, the larger the file the slower the Editor runs. When you reference it from a file, then KM does not have to save it's own copy in the plist file and it keeps that file smaller and the Editor running more smoothly.

I trigger it via my Stream Deck, but you can assign any hotkey you want obviously.

If you take a look at my earlier post I updated the macro to show the image in the actual found image action instead of a referenced file.

Sorry, I did't post an image for you to eyeball!

I've made some changes to the macro, because I wanted to seamlessly continue (for example make notes on the second screen). So I made the macro change back to the last used app to continue where I left off, after admitting someone with the "right arrow" key.

Admit Attendee to Zoom Meeting Macro (v10.0.2)

Admit Attendee to Zoom Meeting.kmmacros (304 KB)

Thank you very much. I've got yours working as well.

Thanks also for the help and tips!

1 Like

Great, glad it helped you!