A Few Questions Before Digging In

Nothing happens, they do not run within KM despite the fact that they run perfectly outside of KM.

If you jump over to the Excel thread I posted I included a KM macro with AppleScript that does not work inclusive of the accessibility access I have given KM.

Would love to get this working!'

Well that makes the decision simple! KM it is! At least until Apple decides to throw some real weight behind Shortcuts!

Great. Consider the fact that Shortcuts doesn't even have a WHILE loop. Seriously, how can you write any programs without a WHILE loop? (Although you can hack it, two different ways, but who wants a messy hack for every WHILE loop?)

Enough said!

Exactly

My son is a Crestron programmer looking for a job. Just sayin'

I am using Crestron Home in combination with some SIMPL and Josh.Ai coding. The Crestron Home I can handle the other two way above my skillset. This is the third home I hav with Crestron and have had all of them programmed by a Crestron Certified Master Programer, I can put your son in touch to see whether there are any possibilities, not a problem.

Thanks for your help this weekend, very much appreciated!

Hey Joel,

That's odd; it works with every app I've tried it on...

I downloaded the version on the forum, and it too works for me.

Does it fail in all apps for you or only 1 or some?

-Chris

Don't forget the Automation and Full Disk Access settings:

Chris, apologies, I should have been clearer, here goes:

1. The macro works in that it does closes every window of a GIVEN app other than the front window of the active app; but

2. The macro does not closes every window of ALL apps other than the front window of the active app

This is on me as I should have been clearer when I initially asked the question. I did clarify this in my thread on this topic.

Apologies and I hope this clarify things.

Thanks.

Chris, noted with thanks, it was the Automation that I somehow missed. I ticked this off and then all was good.

1 Like

Yes, I saw the new thread you posted.