About to get a 5K display... Any KM gotchas?

I ordered a shiny new 27" iMac with a 5K display, to replace my 6 year old 21.5" iMac with a standard HD display. I'm guessing there's some KM gotchas waiting for me. For instance, I can't imagine that my "found image" macros will work right.

Can anyone clue me in on what kind of pain I'm about to experience? Thanks.

Dan, congratulations! You'll love it.

I have a iMac 27-Inch Late 2015, MK482LL/A,Quad Core 3.3 i5, Retina 5K, 2TB Fusion Drive, and KM and everything else runs just fine on it.

Well, maybe one exception: Video Screen Capture apps like Camtasia and ScreenFlow.
Both of these capture the true resolution on the iMac, not the auto-adjusted resolution of apps running on that screen. What this means is a noticeably smaller amount of the screen is captured for, say, HD 1920x1080, than on a non-Retina screen. So I do all of my screen capture on an external monitor, ASUS-27.

If you want more info on this, I can post links to SF and Camtasia forums where this is discussed in depth.

But, again, KM runs fine -- no issues on my iMac-27 5K monitor.

Awesome, thanks! I do have an external monitor, and I understand exactly what you're describing, so thanks for the tip. I probably wouldn't have thought about using the external monitor for that. :+1:

2 Likes