Actions Depending on the Mouse Position

Can KM "see" where the mouse is? I would linke KM to perform different actions with the same shortcut, depending on the mouse position. So, if mouse here, do that. If not, do something else. Is this possible? Thanks!

PS: I'm not sure yet if this is a good idea, but I want to try :smiley:

In the KM Wiki, do a search on 'mouse'. Several hits. One is -
%CurrentMouse% token returns the current mouse location

Thank you @Steve_E
But unfortunately this is beyond my capabilities :upside_down_face: How do I tell KM that I mean the entire top of the screen?

@Frankb You can use a calculation condition based on the current mouse coordinates.

Thank you very much @noisneil
As luck would have it, BTT has just introduced the "Advanced Conditions" feature in the latest version. With it you can do incredible stuff, also what I wanted to do in KM. But in BTT, I understand what I'm doing. Thanks again for your help :slight_smile:

PS: I still use with pleasure your multipress macros :slight_smile: There is an equivalent in BTT, but your macros are better. To stay "state of the art" you could add a feature: Multipress depending on mouse position. :sweat_smile: :joy:

You love challenges, don't you. :wink:

1 Like

I'd rather maintain a purity of purpose with those templates. It's not hard to add a mouse location condition to resultant action.