Activating Services From Finder Selection

I have a neat utility called Grand Perspective which gives me a nice tree display of folders.

It can be activated by navigating in Finder using the keyboard, then doing a right-click, selecting Services, and then selecting Scan Folder.

I would like to be able to replace everything from the right-click onwards, with a KM macro.

I've seen the thread at Has anyone figured out a way to replicate the Windows "menu key" on a Mac using KM? which seems to be relevant to this issue, but despite downloading the macro, have not managed to get it working.

Can anyone shed some light on this problem?

You can use the menu item Finder->Services->Services Preferences... to set up a keyboard shortcut to a specific Service menu entry, then use the Type a keystroke action to launch it.

Does that help?

1 Like

That sounds very promising. It is, however, 20 to 1 in the morning here in London, England, so I think I will try this out in the morning.Thanks very much - I'll let you know how it goes!

A couple of days later, and again, it's past midnight, but I've just tried it and it works a treat! Thank you so much for this boost to my quality of life :wink:

1 Like