Add a line to an action within another macro?

Is there an easy way to add a new line to this whitelist while KM is in the background? Failing that, is there a way to automate this while KM is open?

I'm not sure if you are talking about modifying the action itself or modifying the variable itself. If it's the variable, then the answer is easy. Just execute an action (perhaps with a hotkey) that adds a line to the variable. Probably something like this:

If you are talking about modifying the action itself, that's a whole different kettle of fish. I'm worried that that's what you are asking about. I can think of two ways to do it but they are both very tough.

Yeah it was the action I was hoping for. Not a big deal if it can't be done. Thanks for having a look.

I didn't say it couldn't be done. I think it can be done, but there are others on this site who can answer that.

Yes, it could be done, but it's not worth the trouble. I'd either use a global variable, or write to a file. I'm guessing you don't want to use a variable, so go for the file. You can append to it using KM, or any other way you want to.

1 Like

Yes that makes sense. Thanks guys!

Edit: I managed to cobble together a quick and dirty macro that navigates to the action and enters the line, using two clicks, a bunch of tab repeats and a paste. I thought perhaps there might be a neater way of doing it, but this works fine. Should have just done this in the first place. Sorry to trouble you and thanks again for the replies and your time.

1 Like