MACRO: Add Comment Action to Selected Macro with REF Info from KM Forum Post Info
UPDATED: 2019-04-17 15:54 GMT-5
~~~ VER: 1.2.1 2019-04-17 ~~~
• Minor bug fix
Add Comment Action to Selected Macro with REF Info from KM Forum Post Info.kmmacros (68 KB)
Note: This Macro was uploaded in a DISABLED state. You must enable before it can be triggered.
See this Related Topic:
- Get KM Forum Post Info, and Insert Comment Action in Selected Macro in KM Editor
How To Use
- In the KM Editor, select the Macro to which you want to add the Comment Action
- In either Safari or Chrome, open KM Forum to Topic and Post of Interest
- Click somewhere in the Post whose info you want.
- Trigger this macro.
- It will then get the Post Info
- Switch to the KM Editor
- Display a Prompt for you to Confirm Adding the Comment Action
- Insert the Comment Action at the top of the Selected Macro.
Carefully review the Release Notes and the Macro Actions
- Make sure you understand what the Macro will do.
- You are responsible for running the Macro, not me. ??
- Assign a Trigger to this maro..
- Move this macro to a Macro Group that is only Active when you need this Macro.
- ENABLE this Macro.
REVIEW/CHANGE THE FOLLOWING MACRO ACTIONS:
(all shown in the magenta color)
- ~~~ SET CommentText to Be Used in Comment Action ~~~
- KM 8.2+
- macOS 10.11.6 (El Capitan)
- Any Action in magenta color is designed to be changed by end-user
ACTION COLOR CODES
- To facilitate the reading, customizing, and maintenance of this macro,
key Actions are colored as follows:
- GREEN -- Key Comments designed to highlight main sections of macro
- MAGENTA -- Actions designed to be customized by user
- YELLOW -- Primary Actions (usually the main purpose of the macro)
- ORANGE -- Actions that permanently destroy Variables or Clipboards,
OR IF/THEN and PAUSE Actions
USE AT YOUR OWN RISK
- While I have given this limited testing, and to the best of my knowledge will do no harm, I cannot guarantee it.
- If you have any doubts or questions:
- Ask first
- Turn on the KM Debugger from the KM Status Menu, and step through the macro, making sure you understand what it is doing with each Action.