A custom Keyboard Maestro plugin, for Sierra macOS onwards, which adds a KM Action for sending selected Mail (with hyperlinks back to Mail) to:
- A specified TaskPaper 3 project, in
- a .taskpaper file at a given filepath (TaskPaper 3 is not launched, and does not have to be running for the action to work )
Add selected Mail to TaskPaper 3 project.zip (251.5 KB)
Custom Keyboard Maestro Plug-in
(c) 2017 Robin Trew
- Add selected Mail to TaskPaper 3 project
Any items selected in Apple Mail are added to a named project in a specified
TaskPaper 3 file. The text format of the
TaskPaper entry is specified by a template which can contain any or all of
10 string, date and url fields.
The TaskPaper 3 application does not have to
be running, and is not launched by this Keyboard Maestro action.
- This plugin has been so far tested on macOS Sierra, with Keyboard Maestro 8
- It uses the 700K Birch Outline library (Copyright (c) 2016 Jesse Grosjean) to
parse and update a TaskPaper 3 file without opening the application directly.
INSTALLATION OF CUSTOM ACTION PLUGIN
- If updating a previous version of the action, first manually remove the
previous copy from the custom actions folder at:
~/Library/Application Support/Keyboard Maestro/Keyboard Maestro Actions
- Drag the .zip file onto the Keyboard Maestro icon in the OS X toolbar.
USE OF CUSTOM ACTION IN A KEYBOARD MAESTRO MACRO
- In macro-editing mode, click the green New Action button, select the
Third Party Plugins smart folder in the left hand panel of the Actions List
and choose the "Add selected Mail to TaskPaper 3 project"
- Adjust the settings of the custom action, choosing the file path,
project name, and TaskPaper 3 item format that you want.
- Test the macro. If notifications are enabled on your macOS system, or you
have changed 'Display results briefly' to 'Display in a Window' at the
bottom of the custom plugin, you will see a brief summary of the result.
The plugin uses the excellent Birch Outline library,
which is Copyright (c) 2016 Jesse Grosjean.
The Keyboard Maestro custom plugin is Copyright (c) 2017 Robin Trew,
and was created with the help of specifications and sponsorship provided by
Icon by Jim Krenz.