Add Tag to parent folder If subfolder title contains "xxx" in the title

Please forgive me I have no clue what I'm doing. I bought the app thinking I would be able to figure if out by tinkering with it. So wrong!

Is it possible to tag a folder based on one of the title of the subfolder containing the word $tems.
When ever I am finish working on a song for a client I create a new folder in that project folder with Client's Intial-SongTittle-$tems example: "P-Eleven Eleven-$TEMS". P is the clients initials an "Eleven Eleven" is the title of the song -$TEMS let me know the audio files are exported. To give the complete picture of what I am trying to accomplish
this is the File Hierarchy

/Sessions/Client's Name (all clients get there own folder)/Song (each song get a project folder)

Each song project folder starts out with the following folder:
BR_MiX
Wav/Mp3
OG Files

After a song is complete which sometimes could take weeks the $TEMS" folder is created. Whenever that gets created I would love for the Song Project folder to automatically get tagged with the $TEMS tag that I already created.

Please tell me this is doable :grimacing:

check this thread:

and you can use the Set File Attribute for tags

Thank you!!! I just read up on For Each Action and Split Path Action. I will try and put it together tonight will let you know if I am successful. I feel like a kid in a candy store!:joy:

1 Like

yup, very versatile tool.

Welcome! :slight_smile:

So I Tried and it didn't work :confused: . Let me know if you see anything worng.

Status Tagging.kmmacros (5.3 KB)

Please always upload your macro file and image, so we don't have to recreate you macro to test.

Most of us, including me, will not bother to recreate the requesters macro.

Thanks.

Got it. Noted for future reference! Thank you :pray:!

Status Tagging.kmmacros (5.3 KB)

@barryrashawn, thanks for uploading your macro file.
I copied the link to your above post for ease of use by others.

When I get a few minutes, I'll take a look at your macro.

Appreciate it! Thank you!

I haven't tested your macro for myself, but looking at its screenshots, it looks like you've implemented a condition that will never be met the way the macro is currently set up. In the If Then Else action, you're using a "folder exists" condition with a variable that only contains a file name (the somewhat misleadingly named FolderNames) so that condition will never be met and the macro will never complete. Try removing that condition or changing the variable to one that contains the full path to the folder and seeing if that makes a difference.

:see_no_evil: Will Do and see what happens!