Any idea what these visual/graphic glitches indicate?

No, not yet. I'm in this weird position where I've got two laptops with an issue, one that's been repaired previously... so either they both have a hardware issue (that is likely not the logic board) or it's a software issue. I'd rather not change hardware needlessly, so I haven't taken either of them in (again) yet.

I will try the safe boot though.

Some more examples:

That is so strange.

How do you make it stop when it happens? Do you reboot? Change windows? Shut the laptop to force hibernation?

I’ve been forcing a reboot by holding the power button. I don’t think shutting the lid fixes it, but I’ll check next time.

You can also try :eject_button: which should trigger display “sleep”. (Wake it by pressing any key.)

1 Like

I get the same results on Keyboard Maestro 7 since I started using Macro palettes with snapping, and also wrote some applescripts that launch finder windows. Some of it may be unrelated, but I see a pattern in that when KM is not running there is no problem.

Hope that helps

Thanks for the insight. I’m still seeing the issues occasionally, but with so many tools I’m reliant on (Keyboard Maestro, LaunchBar, KBE, Typinator etc.) I’m reluctant to buckle down and go without any of them to actually solve the problem. I just restart when it happens and get back to work :joy:

If I told you how many times I've seen patterns, and how many of those "seen" patterns turned out to be nil, it would be disgusting :wink:

That is true. As a person who is not a professional tester I can only cross-check a limited set of circumstances.