Any photographers here? KM makes Lightroom 1000x better

Photographer here. I've used KM to make editing significantly faster. Exposure, contrast, highlights/shadows, etc, all bound to keys on my KB. If you're a photographer, let me know and I'll send this through to you.

3 Likes

I would be interested, thank you. Couldn't you post macros here so anyone interested could use them?

1 Like

Sure, Thanks.

1 Like

Ok cool, so here's the deal.

The macros effectively move the cursor over to the setting you want to change, and then press up/down. You'll see some settings are "0.1", and some are "0.3". This is changing settings in 0.1 stop or 0.3 stop increments.

So what you'll need to do is with every single adjustment, you'll need to go into the "Move mouse" action, and adjust the coordinates of where the cursor needs to go. So obviously with the exposure adjustments, for example, you'll go into the "Move Mouse Cursor" action, and click "get" to "get the coordinates, and in the 5 seconds it gives you, just move the cursor over to the middle of the exposure slider.

The Macros enable themselves automatically when you're in the develop module.

Also, I like to edit with my right side panels in Solo mode, and you might have to enable that as well.

I also like to edit with the Module picker and Histogram hidden. So what the macros will do is first check that all of those things are hidden. This ensures that the coordinates of the sliders are always in the correct place. Before enabling this, my macros wouldn't work if the histogram was down, for example.

The Macros also account for whether or not you're working on a single display or dual display. In my case, I work on a MacBook when I'm on the road, and then have an external display when I'm NOT on the road. So each macro will first check to see what the display situation is, and then use the relevant coordinates. You'll need to define those as well.

Let me know if anyone needs help.

I've been using these macros for about 3 or 4 years, and they've made my editing process overwhelmingly faster.

Macros here:

Lightroom Shortcuts.kmlibrary (11.9 KB)

2 Likes

Macros posted below.

You might want to post them as a new topic in the Macro Library category.

Generally it is a good idea to post any general purpose macros there - there is almost always someone else who has a similar problem to solve.

Will do!

1 Like

Amazing!! are you still active in these forums? I have a couple follow up questions I’d like to run by you.

Hey! I’m not “active”, but I pop in now and then. But I received a notification from your comment, so I’m here now. Haha. Fire away!

Haha, thanks. I've since downloaded your Macro and tweaked it, so think I've answered my own question. But will get back in touch if something comes up. Thanks so much for your great work with this!! :heart_eyes:

You're welcome!

TBH I have no idea what's actually in the version you downloaded. It's been 4 years since and I've made a bunch of changes and added support for all the new masking features. But then again, those are all small changes. At it's core, it's still the same.

My original question revolved around how you hide & show the modules in the right hand side Develop module. So clever the way you've setup all the conditions before the mouse then clicks in the right spot.

Ah, nice. Would love to see what else you've added if you don't mind sharing the updated macro?

Yeah sure! Have a look at the following link. Keep in mind that this is obviously built specifically for my screen setup, so you'll likely need to move all the coordinates manually.

This setup also accounts for the "Hyper" keyboard shortcut (Shift+CMD+Ctrl+Opt) that my mechanical keyboard has a dedicated key for. So you'll see shortcuts that are, for example, Shift+CMD+Ctrl+Opt+Y, but I only press 2 keys for that.

Have a look here:

https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/1ouDz_Zznq7EuwNwiw4Xu7unbCVssYIUa?usp=sharing

Just a heads for any future readers - I won't be able to maintain that link, so I apologise if it doesn't work in the future.

1 Like

I don't suppose you have 10 mins free for a quick Zoom and screen share session? I just have a few questions around how to set the menu conditions to be true so all the panels are in the right position before the mouse clicks occur. Bit tricky to explain via text, but will give it a try if Zoom isn't an option for you. Thanks so much.

Could we move this conversation to email and arrange from there? Please drop me a DM with your email and I'll contact you!

Done :blush: