App Palette Alternative

i wanted to create an app launcher & had some luck with Claude 3.5 sonnet but couldn't figure out how to launch an app using javascript.

so, now the script saves a variable & i'm using switch to launch the app but i'm sure there are much better ways of opening an app from custom html that i'm ignorant about.

if anyone wants to take a shot at it, please do. thanks.

My App Pallette.kmmacros (9.1 KB)

Do you really want random web pages to have the ability to open apps -- or any other files -- on your machine?

I think your "set a variable via a web form, act depending on that value with KM actions" is your best approach. Unless you need to do "clever" things when opening the app (or maybe your ultimate goal is to have a single shell script action that opens any app based on a variable) it will be quicker to use KM's "Open a File, Folder or Application" action.

Don't forget that you can put multiple Cases into the same Switch, you don't need one Switch for each, and it's good practice to include an "otherwise" Case for "none of the above match". If the "Execute Macro..." action will always happen, move it out of the "Switch/Case" so you don't have to keep duplicating it:

1 Like

Russian roulette

2 Likes