Apple Remote V3 or other remote control able to talk to Keyboard Maestro?

I would like to control Google Chrome for example to play and pause on my tv watching Netflix etcetera.

Also other functions.

May the Apple Remote V3 or other remote control "talk" to Keyboard Maestro?

Short answer: No.

How do you manually use Chrome in this manner?

I just use a keyboard the space bar to pause and play. But would prefer an infra red remote control to program other things like changing the "channel" or from Netflix to Hbo etcetera + other things.

Something like this:
remote%20control%20seniors

More info in the remote control here.

AFAIK, modern Macs do NOT have a built-in IR receiver.
Of course they do have a Bluetooth transceiver. But you would need some software on the Mac that would respond to Bluetooth for a Bluetooth remote. Don't know of any of those.
The link you provided didn't really provide any info on how to use the remote with a Mac.

It may be possible, but I think you will have to do some research outside of this forum.

1 Like

Some of these remote controls do ship with a USB IR reciever.

Maybe Apple Tv would solve this as it can be remotely controlled, but I am uncertain if it is possible to view different channels through Apple Tv or how it works. I would have to check.

Assuming I understand your setup correctly, and you're wanting to control your Mac, which is connected to your tv. Any reason why it must be an IR remote? You have several options off the top of my head:

1. Buy a cheap ($20ish) bluetooth (w dongle) keyboard/mouse remote on Amazon to control your mac and setup actions triggered by: This USB device in KM
  2. If you have an iOS device, you can remotely control your Mac (and subsequenly KM scripts) using apps such as Touch Portal or FullControl
  3. I haven't used it, but I believe Better Touch Tool integrates with the Apple Remote
1 Like

Thanks for the input! I prefer not to use IOS devices for this and would like a IR remote control with a USB Ir dongle to do the job if possible. Or the Apple Remote. It seems I need to check out the features on the Mira / Twisted Melon here!

Research is ongoing :slight_smile:
I sent this to the Mira / Twisted Melon support team:

3.) May I control the playback in browsers like Google Chrome to pause and start playing again when watching for example Netflix or HBO Nordic on a regular Desktop Macbook Pro ?

4.) Any way to allow Mira to change to a designated URL within a browser like for example Safari?