Are Shortcut Keys Possible for Prompts With Checkboxes?

I have a checkbox prompt with four checkboxes

[ ] One
[ ] Two
[ ] Three

What I would like is to be able to type a key (such as '1') to toggle the checkbox, is that possible?

is the text in the four checkboxes static (doesn't change)?
If it's always the same, I'd add:
1.- Prompt for user input
prompt: "1,2,3,4"
save input as a variable
2.- if/then action
if variable=1, then do X (in here, detect image corresponding to [ ] One)
if variable=2, then do Y (same)
etc

It's not a radio choice, any one of the three checkboxes can / are set independently of eachother

Probably not with the KM action Prompt for User Input, but there's another action called Custom HTML Prompt and it might work there. However my knowledge of HTML is pretty slim so I can't help with that.

https://wiki.keyboardmaestro.com/action/Custom_HTML_Prompt?s[]=custom

https://wiki.keyboardmaestro.com/action/Prompt_for_User_Input

I'm sure there are people on this website who can give a better answer than mine, but at least I've given you a lead.

what app or where are you using that?

if the distance between them is always the same, you can
run a Prompt asking for 1-4, save that as a variable,
then run an IF action
so, depending on your input (1,2,3,4), inside the IF you'll run a Click on found image (an image of just the four checkboxes), changing coordinates from a corner.

No. You can only assign shortcut keys to the Prompt Buttons.
But you should be able to tab to each of the checkboxes, and press SPACE to check/uncheck.

1 Like

Yep, tab - check is the way.. it's just a bit of a pain, but muscle memory has already kicked in, and it's getting easier.

@Sleepy :
Probably not with the KM action Prompt for User Input, but there's another action called Custom HTML Prompt and it might work there. However my knowledge of HTML is pretty slim so I can't help with that.

Not a bad idea, and that might work for what I need. I'll explore it a bit later

I'd do a little happy dance if @peternlewis decided to add radio buttons as an option in user prompts. The "Menu" option is functional enough but quite often it would be really nice to pick one of a few visible options. Just sayin'.

2 Likes