Assistant finds nothing, but mouse/keyboard actions not working

Macro appears to be triggering fine, but mouse and keyboard actions aren't taking place. Couldn't find any guidance on this so I'm posting here.

Hey Alex,

We can help you if you don’t post your macro for us to see what you’re doing.

-Chris

Tech support gave a solution right away without even asking for an image. See below:

Do you mean actions like Insert Text by Typing is not working? My guess would be Accessibility permissions, especially if you are in Mojave.

You will have to ensure you enable Accessibility for both Keyboard Maestro and Keyboard Maestro Engine. If you have any troubles with accessibility (eg typing keystrokes, selecting menus, copy/paste, etc), you need to toggle the accessibility permissions (System Preferences, Security & Privacy, Privacy, Accessibility) for Keyboard Maestro and Keyboard Maestro Engine off and then on again.

Yes, unfortunately “Assistant finds nothing” because Mojave is lying and telling Keyboard Maestro that it has accessibility permissions but then still actively failing the accessibility actions. Sigh.

Well, you just kicked Mojave’s ass with the work around. Thank you very much Pete! I spent two hours looking for a solution and got nowhere on my own. Thanks again.