Automating Finder Services in KM

I am trying to automate copying of files when I mount a specific volume in my Mac.

I would like to have KM select the "Add to DEVONthink 3" Service in this Finder menu:

But KM only lets me choose from among two of those Services- why is that?

Hello @ rkaplan

Although I'm not an absolute professional on the Mac - especially not in KM - I do not even DEVONthink currently. Nevertheless I would like to try to help.

First of all, I would always make sure that the trash is empty otherwise you would need two macros for the way I suggested. -or you build the empty trash in, too... .:wink:

My idea is to let the macro start with the disk and then let everything from the Macro except for the selection of the files and the location in DEVONthink when the program is open. There are two "Pause Until" Actions in the macro which are marked with "Escape "Must be ended ...
Further action would be to close DEVONthink and disconnect the hard drive from the Mac as the macro ejects the disk.

of course you will have some work to finish it but I think it should work

Have fun and a nice Day :wink::wink:

Greetings from Germany

@_rkaplan Support Macro (v9.0.3)

@_rkaplan Support.kmmacros (97 KB)

That is very strange. When I test the Select or Show a Menu Item action on my Mac, it shows a large number of Services for the Finder.

I don't have "DEVONthink 3", so I can't test for that specific service.
However, you might double-check your Mac System Preferences > Keyboard > Shortcuts > Services to make sure the service you want is checked.