Best Macro List

No voting is involved. It is a qualitative best rather than a popularity contest.

Yes. We are leaving it up to the judgement of the KM user/Forum member to enter what they truly believe are macros that fall into the "best" category.

Same as adding macros authored by others.

If you want Forum members to see your entire list of macros, you can always add a line in the "All Macros by Popular Authors" section of the post. Please enter the line in alphabetic order.

There is also a section for "Best Macros by Author". So feel free to create your own list of "Best Macros" (in the Forum "macro" Category), and then add a line to this section.

EDIT:  2017-01-07  5:52 PM CT

**Note to All Readers**

If you make an update to the first post of this topic, after you have saved the changes please select the changes and quote them to a new post.  Then indicate that you have made the changes.

This is needed so everyone will get notified of the change, and the topic will get bumped to the top of current posts/topics.

Just added the above macro.

Hey guys, I just made two big changes to the Best Macro List:

1. Reordered the list by Category
  2. Added a new macro Category: "Search".

Looking for Search Macros

If you have, or know of, any really good search-related macros, please feel free to add, or, if you prefer, post the link here and I'll add.

Thanks.

1 Like

I have added my Get Fragment URL in Safari macro to the Web Page section. It doesn’t have too many downloads, but I use it regularly.

Hope this is OK.

1 Like

@Tom, of course it is OK!
You have written many great macros. I'm sure there are others that should be added. Please feel free to do so.

I’ve added Find All Broken Execute Macro Actions by @DanThomas to the Keyboard Maestro Tools section.

I’d also like to add Text Expansion: System & Hardware Info by @Tom --I don’t need it often when I do it’s so damn useful–but I don’t know which section it would go in.

1 Like

Done.

I added a new section "Diagnostics and System Info", and put @Tom's macro there.

I forgot about that one – probably because I’m not needing it often either. Thanks for adding it, @cfriend & @JMichaelTX .

Just added this great macro by Chris (@ccstone).

Just added this great macro/script by @Tom.

2 Likes

###New Category: Palettes
Hey guys, I have updated the main topic post to ADD a new category: Palettes

I am not really qualified to pick macros for this category, so we really need your help. I have made a draft list to get us started, but please feel free to edit / add / delete based on your knowledge and experience with a given macro.

Note that some macros may fall into multiple categories. If so, just copy the macro entry into each category. For example, I copied two macros by @DanThomas from the "Keyboard Maestro Tools" category to the new "Palettes" category.

Thanks for your help.

Just added a new Category and a great macro by @mrpasini.

Just added this excellent macro by @gglick

2 Likes

Hey guys, I just added a new category for Windows. As a result I added some new macros and moved some others.

Please take a look at these, and if you have any really good macros for the Windows category please add them.

There are also a couple of great macros by @mrpasini that have been added.

Just added this macro to the list.

Just added a new section, "Mini-Apps", and its first entry.

1 Like

Just added the above macro.

1 Like

Added the above macros.

Just added this great macro from 2017 to the Best Macro List.

3 Likes