Briefly Display Finder Tags for Selected Finder Item or Frontmost Open File/Document

I don't like having to invoke the Get Info dialog to check what tags are currently in a file. It appears in a weird area of the desktop. Also, I don't want to have to manually dismiss it. I just want to check the tags on the fly and have the info briefly flash on the screen. I especially want the convenience of doing that while I have the file open on the desktop, without having to go to the trouble of revealing the file in Finder, selecting it, etc.

Here are two macros that solve my pet peeves. The first one can be invoked on a single selected Finder item and briefly displays the associated tags in list format. The second can be invoked for a single open file or document and does the same.

Both macros rely on an Applescript which executes a shell script to get the tag info, which I cadged from a script on this site. The second macro relies on @ccstone's app-agnostic script for getting the path of an open file/document (there can never be enough kudos flowing to Mr. Stone).

DISPLAY TAGS FOR SELECTED FINDER ITEM.kmmacros (42.3 KB)

DISPLAY TAGS FOR OPEN DOCUMENT.kmmacros (11.9 KB)