BUG ?! Lately found out of misbehaving manners using the 1Password Bookmark action

Hello Peter (@peternlewis),

as the title of this Topic nearly says it all - I found out that over 200 - maybe more Macros are not working any more as they did for nearly 3 1/2 years because of a very strange behavior with the Open 1Password Bookmark Action.

I am a really heavy user of 1Password - even though I am still using Version 7 on all of my Apple Devices but always keeping updating to the latest Version when I have an update visible in the AppStore.

I manage nearly 20 Vaults with all together more than 2300 Passwords, Pins, Secure Notes and so on for and with some Members of my Family and a few friends …

Most of the time in the last few days the action caused to either crash 1Password all the time or tried to open the online Vault instead of viewing Bookmarks in the Main Window of 1Password … Also I have trouble to get the action to work with the Smaller Window of the Satus Menu Application of 1Password …

And while that is not all … the action sells to be capable of listing everything to choose from but most of the linked UUIDs are broken …

There seems also the issue of affecting the Activate a Specific Application Action when it is linked with 1Password…

This whole situation is a very bad bummer for me because I will have to rebuild my whole 1Password Workflow for my macs from scratch…

I hope you are able to find a way to bring back a more stable version of the actions soon.

Greetings from Germany :de: to Australia :australia:

Tobias

I would suggest turning off third-party support in 1Password, finding and removing all the third-party support folder/data, and then turning it back on. It might be that the structure is corrupted.

It's also possible that 1Password has changed the behaviour of the third-party support (again) and that that is the issue.

1Password changes itself between being a background-only application and being a normal application, which means when it is running but as a background-only application, it cannot be activated normally.

This may also have changed, but that's how it was behaving in the past.