Search Using Regular Expression action doesn't indicate the use of illegal characters when setting variable names of captured groups:
Set Variable to Text is correctly indicating the use of an illegal character. A hyphen
- in this case.)
Illegal characters I've tried:
A problem for at least two reasons:
- Doesn't indicate the illegal characters (duh).
- Fails silently.
- You can run the macro without receiving any error.
- So it would seem that variable was set.
- But it isn't (I checked in Preferences > Variables).
- But I found it in 8.0.4
Related but different:
Set Variable to Textaction: Enter illegal character
- RESULT: Text turns red.
- Switch to edit another macro.
- Return to the original macro.
- RESULT: The text is no longer red.
- The only way to make it red again, is to add or remove characters from
I can imagine why this might be the intended behavior. But on first glance, it would seem that it should stay red (indicating the error) until it's corrected.
So I'm just mentioning it in case it's not intended.