Building custom menus

I may want to get into creating custom menus with large buttons (sort of like a Stream Deck) Where are some good resources to teach me how to do this? Or does anyone have a simple menu with buttons like this that I could build on. I would need multiple rows and columns.

Have a play with the Palette settings for your Group of Macros. That might do what you want.

That may work. Is there a way to have custom icons? I know you can choose one from Internal, Applications or Character, but I may not find one that describes my button - I would like to not have text with the button. Also I hope the icons would get large enough. I would use it on a small external touch monitor.

You might want to look at @rlivingston’s free utility

I don’t know how useful it may be as YMMV.

Yes, you can paste any image into the Macro's icon well. Keyboard Maestro scales any icon image to 64x64 pixels automatically so, you don't need to pre-size.

You size them using the size arrows (in the image above).

Looks good. I will definitely look into this.

I will try designing my own icons and using them. I played around with an existing palette I have and the largest the icons get is 64. They were still pretty small on my 4k screen but on a small (lower res) screen they may be large enough.

Where can I download this?

Have a look here:

Take a look at my Big Buttons, which is all just HTML.