Can I remotely trigger actions on my DAC with MIDI messages?

Hello, I am attempting to set up a key command that will trigger a macro to press the “load” button and then click on my setups to load the correct setup, possibly using a MIDI trigger, even when the application runs in the background or is minimized.

It failed when I tried to use a “click on button” load.

I’m unsure where to start with this task, and any assistance would be greatly appreciated.

It worked out in the end. It sucks that the plugin has to open every time before I can hide it briefly in this method, but it’s better than nothing for now. :joy:

Is there a shortcut for this "LOAD" button in the plugin "?

Unfortunately, no. However, I am content with it now. I wish there were a way to use AppleScript to press buttons in any software behind the scenes. But maybe there is, I just don’t know how to do it.

You need UI browser to see all the System Events that AppleScript can use on the window. I have no RME's here so I cannot check for you. Or maybe I can install it and run it without the hardware, but that's some work.

I would be grateful if you could use the ADI-2 Remote software. To download it, please visit the RME website. Once installed, you do not need a hardware device to manipulate the software. Thank you for your assistance.

edit: Sorry! I misread your first post and didn't realize the ADI-2 doesn't support totalmix.

According to the manual, ADI-2 operates using midi control, as detailed here, and you can send raw midi packets via keyboard maestro, but i'm not sure how you would get the ADI-2 to read them neccessarily.

"The MIDI protocol used by the ADI-2 Remote is available for downloaded as an Excel document:
https://www.rme-audio.de/downloads/adi2remote_midi_protocol.zip"