Can KM bolt on this functionality to Finder?

Every mouse send its key code, no? Programable or not.

I mean, if you have a non-programable mouse (in case this exists), and you press mouse button 4, it will send the "mouse button 4" key code, and you can do whatever you want with that key code in KM ("USB Device Key Trigger") or similar apps.

If you add a pause at the start of the macro (let's say 0.01s), can you click at normal speed and it still works? I'm thinking there needs to be a small pause for faster machines to allow the selection to update after the macro is triggered.

That seemed to help.

-rob.

Yes, but I think you didn't see my point. My point was that the default USB key code for the primary mouse button is not "eaten" by the KM Engine. As a result, you can't REDEFINE the primary mouse button to not perform its click in macOS when the user clicks on it.

But if you can redefine the USB key code given by the primary mouse button, which not all programmable mice can do, then you can make it so that apps don't do anything when the user clicks on the primary mouse button. I've accomplished this once, when I didn't want my apps to see the mouse clicks, but only see the simulated mouse clicks when my KM macro takes its actions.

This is why I had that first pause in my macro. If it's not there, the time %FinderSelections% takes to update would always cause my macro to fail (I'm on an M1 Ultra).

1 Like

For moving up a folder level in Finder Command + up arrow does that. Use BetterTouchTool to send that key combo from its plethora of device options.

Do the same for other Finder actions you find missing. BTT has enormous options.