Can KM Process Inbound EMail, Click Link, Save Report as PDF, then send to another address?

I do not currently use KM, but have heard tales of its abilities. I hope it will work for my needs.

My workplace has an internal site on which reports are generated every night. A notification gets sent out to anyone subscribed to these reports, with a link to view the report.

Clicking the link requires the user to log into the site before they can view it.

They can then either save the report as a plain TXT file or print it.

I am looking to have KM do the following:

1. When an email is received, click the link.
  2. Log into the report site with pre-define credentials.
  3. Print the report as PDF.
  4. Attach the PDF to a new email.
  5. Send the email to a predefined address.

Is this possible with KM? Thanks in advance for your responses.

Keyboard Maestro is one of the best Mac automation tools available. It is the very rare workflow that cannot be automated using KM. In addition to the wide variety of KM Actions, Functions, and Tokens, KM fully supports scripting by most any language the Mac supports, including AppleScript, JavaScript for Automation (JXA), and Shell Scripts. It also supports JavaScript in Browser, to webscrape almost any web page using Safari and Google Chrome. So, if there is not a native KM Action to do what you want, most likely it can be scripted.

In short: Yes

KM can generally do that and much more, unless your email app and web site are highly unusual and will not support scripting. When you are ready to proceed, post back here to let us know. We will need to know the details of the workflow you want to automate to best help you.

This forum contains numerous examples of processing email and PDFs. We have tags for both, so you might try these searches to see some examples:

May I suggest that you go ahead and download Keyboard Maestro (free for 30 days), and start becoming acquainted with the many KM features. You will find that this forum is one of the friendliest and most helpful of forums on the Internet. If you have questions (like this one), need specific help, always feel free to post your questions here.

Getting Started with Keyboard Maestro

• Read the Quick Start.
    • This is essential to become familiar with KM terminology
  • Do the tutorial (Help ➤ Tutorial) in the KM Editor.
    • Gives you a live walkthrough of creating a macro in the KM Editor
  • Review/Browse the Available Macro Actions
  • For Help with an Action in your Macro, click on the gear icon at the top right of the Action, and select "Help"
  • Search the Keyboard Maestro Wiki for detailed help.
  • Start small, and grow your macros organically.
  • Be prepared for some trial and error in the beginning.
  • Make good use of this Keyboard Maestro Forum
    • Search for existing macros
    • Post your questions/issues if you get stuck

Catdroid,

I'm not one of the KM gurus, but KM can accomplish many tasks in coordination with other task specific applications and I believe your needs can be fully met. You're likely to get more support if you can provide more details. You indicate an internal site, so does that imply use of a browser (Safari, Chrome, Firefox, other)? Which mail application are you using?