Can we automate Go to Last Aborted Action?

Hi there,

Did a search and didn't find anything, but wondering if Go to Last Aborted Action could be set up to trigger any time a macro aborts.

I'm guessing someone's already thought of this and I just haven't found their solution somehow...

Thank you,

The Km Engine log file seems to contain an "action number" for every error, and if you type that number into the edit box like this, (make sure "All Macros" is selected in the Groups pane) the KM Editor will highlight the action for you.

There are probably better ways than this, and someone has probably created a macro to help, but this should get you started.

Hmm. It should be pretty easy to write a macro that gets that last action number from the log file, then opens the KM Editor and performs the search. Most likely someone has already done that. Of course, you could do it yourself. Why not try?

1 Like

They have - and then some!

Check out @_jims brilliant debugging tool

1 Like

There's no way I know of to use any failed action as a trigger, but here's a simple macro that will display the last error message and take you to the action that failed in the KM Editor:

Display Most Recent Error.kmmacros (51 KB)

Macro screenshot

2 Likes