Can We Have 4-Digit Years Everywhere?

I did. :slight_smile: Still seeing 2-digit dates, though. ¯_(ツ)_/¯

I'm seeing 4 digits for years.

If that does not work, then

1. log out of the forum
  2. Restart your web browser
  3. Open KM Forum and log in.

Worse case: If all that fails, then clear the browser cache for this web site.

1 Like

Logging out and logging back in did the trick. :sunglasses::+1: Thanks, Peter!

1 Like

When I'm logged-out I see this:

that's great - 4 digits in the year.

After I log in I see this:

NOT great - just 2 digits in the year.

In between my previous post and this one I have cleared cookies, cleared cache, logged-out, logged back in and rebooted - SEVERAL TIMES!!

I'm using Safari on Mohave.

Can anyone give me a clue to what's going wrong here please? All suggestions welcome.

Very confusing. It is working for me in both Chrome and Safari.
Here's Safari:

Since the 4-digit year is shown when you are NOT logged in, it strongly suggests that there is some browser cookie, or you forum profile preferences, that is not getting cleared/reset.

You might try Chrome just as a test to help narrow it down. If 4-digits are NOT shown in Chrome, then it suggests it is a forum profile setting. If 4-digits are shown in Chrome, then it suggests it is a Safari problem.

If you can't get it resolved, then the only other help I can suggest is to post a question in this topic:

Hi @JMichaelTX - thanks for the suggestions.

I had already tried Chrome, but to be sure I tried it again and I get exactly the same result - 4 digits when I'm not logged-in and 2 digits when I am.

It's ironic really as I was happy with the 2-digit format until it got changed and, like any self-respecting boomer, I've gotta have what everyone else does!!

If by "forum profile setting" you mean my forum profile I've looked at that several times and the only time-related setting is timezone, which I've changed a few times without effect (on the 2/4-digits issue).

I also already looked on the Discourse community forum and saw Peter's posting about this. If nothing comes out for me here I'll pay a visit there...

Cheers, thanks.

Something is caching it somewhere for you. Maybe a proxy server.

I expect it will sort itself out in due course.

1 Like

Thanks, Peter! (here I am, chiming in again on my own post 2.5 years later!)

1 Like