Can't find image in VMWare VM window

Hello,

I took a screenshot of an image in a VM window. The image is very clear. I want to use it in Find Image.

I am able to bring the VM window to the front, and I even have a step to click inside the VM, but I always get “Image not found” no matter what fuzz setting I use.

Does this not work with VMWare Fusion windows ?

I would expect it to work, but I have occasionally seen cases where the screencapture system does not actually capture the entire image (some areas are black).

You can turn on debugging to see what image Keyboard Maestro is capturing and comparing with.

In the Terminal, use the command:

defaults write com.stairways.keyboardmaestro.engine Debug SaveFindImage

Relaunch the Keyboard Maestro Engine (File ➤ Quit Engine, File ➤ Launch Engine in the editor), and then attempt the image match.

The Source and Target images, and information about the matches will be stored in files in /tmp.

I should also mention, if the image you are matching is small or grey or both, then that is often very difficult for Keyboard Maestro to find. Confining your search to a smaller area on the screen (less than a quarter of the desktop area) will cause Keyboard Maestro to use a slower but more accurate search which can do a better job in some cases.