MACRO: Cascade All Windows for An App V2 [Example]
~~~ VER: 2.0 2018-07-18 ~~~
Cascade All Windows for An App V2 [Example].kmmacros (17 KB)
Note: This Macro was uploaded in a DISABLED state. You must enable before it can be triggered.
- Cascade All Windows for a Given App
- KM 8.0.2+
- But it can be written in KM 7.3.1+
- It is KM8 specific just because some of the Actions have changed to make things simpler, but equivalent Actions are available in KM 7.3.1.
- macOS 10.11.6 (El Capitan)
- KM 8 Requires Yosemite or later, so this macro will probably run on Yosemite, but I make no guarantees.
NOTICE: This macro/script is just an Example
- It has had very limited testing.
- You need to test further before using in a production environment.
- It does not have extensive error checking/handling.
- It may not be complete. It is provided as an example to show you one approach to solving a problem.
How To Use
- Activate (click on) any window of an app
- Trigger this macro.
Carefully review the Release Notes and the Macro Actions
- Make sure you understand what the Macro will do.
- You are responsible for running the Macro, not me. ??
- Assign a Trigger to this maro..
- Move this macro to a Macro Group that is only Active when you need this Macro.
- ENABLE this Macro.
REVIEW/CHANGE THE FOLLOWING MACRO ACTIONS:
(all shown in the magenta color)
- Set Variable “CAW__OffsetHoz” to Text “40”
- Set Variable “CAW__OffsetVer” to Text “42”
TAGS: @Windows @Cascade @UI
- Any Action in magenta color is designed to be changed by end-user
ACTION COLOR CODES
- To facilitate the reading, customizing, and maintenance of this macro,
key Actions are colored as follows:
- GREEN -- Key Comments designed to highlight main sections of macro
- MAGENTA -- Actions designed to be customized by user
- YELLOW -- Primary Actions (usually the main purpose of the macro)
- TEAL -- Scripts, IF/THEN, and Switch Actions.
USE AT YOUR OWN RISK
- While I have given this limited testing, and to the best of my knowledge will do no harm, I cannot guarantee it.
- If you have any doubts or questions:
- Ask first
- Turn on the KM Debugger from the KM Status Menu, and step through the macro, making sure you understand what it is doing with each Action.