Changing active letter in conflict palette

I've Googled and searched the manual and here on the forum, and haven't found an answer.

I have a palette that I open using Hyper+Space.
At the moment, a single entry triggered by w opens a Web palette.
The Web palette has multiple entries without keys assigned, all beginning with Open ....
My first two entries are Open Amazon and Open Apple. Both with A shown as the selector. Pressing a opens another conflict menu with m and p as selectors.
Is it possible to designate another letter as the selector key, so I could have something like Open Amazon, Open Apple and avoid the second level conflict menu?

Sure. Within the conflict palette, create a hotkey for it.

Example of my Search Palette:

Screen Shot 2020-06-25 at 5.20.56 PM

Shows added hotkey assignment:

Try it and let me know if it works for you.

KC

3 Likes

Thanks for your help.

I'm not sure how to set activation for the palette. It was set to Always activated, which of course doesn't work with a hotkey like 'M'. The other choices don't seem to fit. For instance, if I choose Activated for one action when, then I have to set a hotkey or some other means for showing the palette, when what I want is for the macro to show the palette.
The macro that opens this palette is set to Show Palette of Macros. In other words, I am trying to create a hierarchy of palettes.

Hyper-Space shows this (to be expanded):
Screen Shot 2020-06-27 at 12.05.03 PM

I press W for the Web palette and see:
Screen Shot 2020-06-27 at 12.06.27 PM

From there, M for Amazon would be nice, A for Apple, etc.

@JohnAtl -

One more try to set this up for you. First, please read and understand the usage of Palettes as it will give you a great oversight of the inner workings.

I'm sure what I posted before should have helped you but I'll give the extra nudge.

It will work like this:

1. Shift-Command M. Brings up your Master palette with your Web Macro ready for action.
  2. After selecting the Web Action, it will spawn your Macros palette with your Amazon and Apple selections. You will have to create the others.

It should look like this:

To create this, perform the following:

You will need two Macro Groups (Master Palette and Macros palette)

The first called the - Master Palette. This will be triggered by the hot key Shift-Command-M (This hotkey can be changed to your preference). Notice, this Shows a palette for one action when the Shift-Command-M hot key is pressed.

This will show.
Screen Shot 2020-06-27 at 4.12.07 PM

You can click Web or press W as you want. This will spawn the Macros palette group.

You set this Web Macro up under the Master Palette Group. W when pressed and the Show palette for one action will point to the Macros Palette.

Once you click the Web macro, you will see this appear - Notice the M and the A waiting for your decision (set up below):

2020-06-27_4.20.43.PM-Screenshot

Under the Macros Palette, you will set up your macros with this format. Notice, you want the A to open Apple's site and M to open Amazon's site.

Here are the two Palettes for your review:

The first is the Master Palette - 0 Master Palette.kmmacros (2.0 KB)

The second is the Macros Palette - 0 Macros Macros.kmmacros (3.3 KB)

I hope this helps.

KC

2 Likes

Thanks much!

I was using the (intuitive) Show Pallete action, rather than Show Macro Group...for One Action.