Click + Drag to any point

Hello,

I work in Finale creating music so my click with drag will always have different, precise locations. I would like to be able to use the keyboard to create the click + drag, move my mouse to the desired location, then use the keyboard to release the drag.

It looked to me like all of the drag settings needed to have a specific location entered.

Thanks for your consideration.

How would you specify the start and destination targets of the drag/drop process?

Once you know those, you can use the KM Move or Click Mouse action with Drag Options to actually do the drag/drop.

I would like to move the mouse by hand to the starting point, use the keyboard to initiate the drag, move the mouse by hand to the destination, then use the keyboard to drop. I cannot specify ahead of time where the start and destination targets will be since each piece of music is different.

It is rather hard on my hand to have to enable the click/drag then move the mouse while still pushing down on it. The click/drag-click/drop is often used to select sections where you cannot use click/shift like in text documents.

JMichaelTX

September 18

MarkJ:
I would like to be able to use the keyboard to create the click + drag, move my mouse to the desired location, then use the keyboard to release the drag.

How would you specify the start and destination targets of the drag/drop process?

Once you know those, you can use the KM Move or Click Mouse action with Drag Options to actually do the drag/drop.

OK, that is easy enough.

Please give this macro a try and let us know if it meets your needs.

MACRO: Drag/Drop Mouse To/From Points Selected by Mouse Position

It works!! Thank you!

JMichaelTX

September 18

alt MarkJ:
I would like to move the mouse by hand to the starting point, use the keyboard to initiate the drag, move the mouse by hand to the destination, then use the keyboard to drop.

OK, that is easy enough.

Please give this macro a try and let us know if it meets your needs.

MACRO: Drag/Drop Mouse To/From Points Selected by Mouse Position

That is good to know.

For future use, please use the Forum "Quote" tool to quote the relevant part of the post you are replying to. Just select the text/images you want to quote, and you will see a popup like this:

Then just click on the "Quote" button.
It will create a reply with the selected text as a quote.

If you are replying to the entire post directly below that post, there is no need to quote.