Clipboard copy success confirmation

Do you know of a way to trigger a visible confirmation of a successful copy operation? Let's say I select a bunch of text, press the copy macro, and get a little visual confirmation that says how many characters were copied. I want this because sometimes it seems like a copy command succeeded or it should have succeeded, but nothing actually made it to the clipboard for some reason, and I only find out about it when I get to the place where I want to paste.

@deadprogrammer - Try this to get you started.

Then from there, you will evolve to something like this:

And so on and so on because it's never enough using Keyboard Maestro... Soon you will have it flickering your lights, using the Home app when the clipboard changes... :slight_smile:
KC

1 Like

The key is using the KM CLIPBOARDSEED function.

So, something like this:

Below is just an example written in response to your request. You will need to use as an example and/or change to meet your workflow automation needs.

Please let us know if it meets your needs.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

MACRO:   Determine When Clipboard Has Changed [Example]

-~~~ VER: 1.0    2020-05-21 ~~~
Requires: KM 8.2.4+   macOS 10.11 (El Capitan)+
(Macro was written & tested using KM 9.0+ on macOS 10.14.5 (Mojave))

DOWNLOAD Macro File:

Determine When Clipboard Has Changed [Example].kmmacros
Note: This Macro was uploaded in a DISABLED state. You must enable before it can be triggered.

3 Likes

@JMichaelTX Showoff!! :rofl:

@deadprogrammer - Obviously, this time, @JMichaelTX's solution was better. Speed helps but slow, calculating and methodical is more tactical and vicious. :slight_smile:

1 Like

Reminds me of the old sales manager joke:

Accounting pointed out that he had a negative profit margin.
To which he replied: "Yes, but we'll make up for it in volume."

Sorry @deadprogrammer, we are way off-topic here. LOL

3 Likes

Both of these got me started, but I think I need to figure out how Clipy and PopClip are working with the system clipboards because I get weird triggers when I just select some text without copying and get infinite loops too.

I've never tried Clipy, but I've used PopClip in conjunction with KM for years and never had any problem, so I would try disabling Clipy first and seeing if that helps.

One alternative to a KM solution which might slow things down is to use a clipboard manager, such as the free version of CopyLess 2, available in the Mac App Store. CopyLess 2 provides a small window on the Desktop which shows the most recent items saved to the Clipboard.

JIC you and others are not aware of this, KM can do exactly the same using the Clipboard History Switcher .
IMO, this is a misleading name. It is really more of a Clipboard History Manager.

This is a resizeable window to show a many, or few, past clipboards as you like.

It is available in the Switcher Group when you first install KM: