Cmd-Tab stopped working for KM Application Switcher

Mac OS Catalina 10.15.5, Keyboard Maestro 8.2.4 on a MacBook Pro with external keyboard and mouse.

My system hung up yesterday with the application switcher open. I could toggle through the open applications but could not switch to any of them. I tried switching using my external keyboard and clicking with my mouse, and also turned those off and tried using the MacBook keyboard and touch pad but could not resolve.

I finally had to do a hard restart, and when my system came back up the Cmd-Tab hot key was not working for the KM Application Switcher; it only triggered the Mac OS feature. I did some more troubleshooting today including a complete uninstall/reinstall of KM and downgrading to an earlier version of KM but nothing worked. I finally changed the hot key to Opt-Cmd-Tab and was able to see the KM Application Switcher. Changing back to Cmd-Tab disables the KM Application Switcher again and takes me back to the Mac OS switcher.

Any suggestion for getting it working correctly again?

1 Like

Have you found a solution yet? I just experienced a similar problem in that my Cmd-Tab hot key was no longer working. It turns out, my Switcher Group folder was disabled. Now that I've enabled it again I'm able to access the KM Application Switcher.

I was not able to resolve even after engaging with Peter offline. I tried basically everything I could think of, then finally re-imaged my Mac and it's been working great since. It was kind of a PITA, but not too bad as I had a good backup and not too many 3rd party apps.